522 or dish?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Is there a way to figure out if my 522 is bad or the dish?
When I do a check switch it says Sat one input OK sat 2 no input. I checked all the connections un did them and re did them, power off multiple times unpluged multiple times.
Called tech and they want to send a technician out for $50.00, I just hope they bring another 522 with them just in case.
I get Dish through SBC (AT&T) and they own the eqp.
Thanks for any input you can give.
Lenny

Swap the two inputs. See if the problem migrates to the other tuner or stays where it is. What kind of switch do you have?

I switched the two inputs did another check switch and the problem is still reported on sat input 2, just like before.
They are sending a tech out Thursday. I told them I thought it was the reciever and to make sure they bring a 522 with them.
Is this what is meant by the switch. (DP-Twin)
Thanks
Lenny

Last edited:
Remove both input cables from the receiver. Then do another check switch. This will clear the matrix on the check switch. Hook the cables back up and run it again. That may solve the problem.

Dave nye said:
Remove both input cables from the receiver. Then do another check switch. This will clear the matrix on the check switch. Hook the cables back up and run it again. That may solve the problem.

Thanks for the tip:hatsoff: But no good :( Im open to more ideas, It sucks not having tv and having to wait till tech gets here Thusrday afternoon...

If the problem turns out to be the receiver you should demand a refund for the difference of the service call and the shipping fee they would have charged if they just sent a new 522 in the first place.

This happened to my 522 about a month ago (check switch OK on TV1, TV2 no input- switched cables in back of 522, check switch again, same message). Luckily I had a few weeks of the 1 year warranty left on my last replacement 522 so I only had to pay $14.95 s/h for the new receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)