522 Picture Freezes - Help!

Ours freezes too!

We recently 'upgraded' to a 522 6 weeks ago and have had nothing but problems with it. The picture was freezing constantly. We've had 5---yes, 5 new receiver boxes so far. The freezing still comes and goes, although not as often, but our biggest problem is our local channels stretch across the screen after 6:00 p.m. at night. Did you happen to have this issue??

I've also been noticing the picture freeze-ups on my 522. They only last a second but its distracting. At first I thought it was just the 4.64 firmware but even after they rolled back to 4.63 the problem is still there. I thought maybe my receiver might be dying but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I hope they fix this soon.

Just to let those who are following this thread.....my 522 is acting up again. It is freezing like before, but not as often and the sound is not freezing. Since I'm not the only one experiencing the problem, I'm pretty sure it's not my 522 so I'm going to sit tight for now.....someday they will get the problem fixed.

KLE

Mine Has Been Doing It Too

Mine has been sticking momentarily lately too. Not too often probably once every hour and only momentarily. I don't have locals. Whats up?????

Well, its been over a month and this just died. Whats been happening with the freeze ups for you guys? Just how does this rig work anyways? Is it always running via the hard drive like a computer due to the DVR or is this completely outside that? My main reason for wanting to keep ahead of it is that I bought my own so if its crapping out I need to plan ahead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)