522 Picture Freezes - Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

evanskl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Two or three weeks ago the picture from my 522 has started freezing.....at first it only happend once in a while.....now it happens 3 or 4 times an hour. I called Dish last week, described the problem....when through the unplug for 30 sec......hold the power button things....problem still continued, so Dish sent me a replacement receiver. Guess what...new receiver does the very same thing.

Went to every coax connection and checked that they were tight....still happens.

Anny suggestions?

PS - 510 at the other end of the house is not doing it.

The receiver is located in an open console...approx 6 in of space above and in back of the unit.

The picture froze with in 10 minute of the new receiver being installed....I don't think heat is the problem....but you never know.

Last edited:
That would be a great test....I will do it! The picture has frozen 3 times will we have been writing these notes!!!!

One more piece of information......it's only happening on local channels!

Last edited:
One more piece of infrmation......it's only happening on local channels!

Ok. Go to a local channel and then hit Menu, 6, 1, 1 on the remote control. This will take you to the Point Dish Screen. Note the satellite and transponder and post back the result.

Where are you located?

hmmmm......66

That's not good.....

Actually, that's pretty good. There's a new signal meter and anything over 55-60 is very good. So it's not a low signal problem. I suspect that cabling is the problem here but try swapping receivers and report to see if the 522 does it again where the 510 is located.

WIll do....check back later, I'll let you know what happens....either way thanks for your help.

Your're not going to believe it........

Shut the 522 off right after I talked with you last and left the house for a couple of hours......planned on moving it when a my helper got home. Anyway, turned everything back on around 4......and it hasn't screwed up since!

I'm not complaining, what what happened?

Your're not going to believe it........

Shut the 522 off right after I talked with you last and left the house for a couple of hours......planned on moving it when a my helper got home. Anyway, turned everything back on around 4......and it hasn't screwed up since!

I'm not complaining, what what happened?

The magic of Satelliteguys.us. :) See we can even fix stuff remotely. :)

I would just like to say that the exact same thing has been happening to me for a while now and I am also on 110 with my locals. My problem also stopped happening yesterday - I watched two hours of local TV last night and it didn't happen once.

There have been software issues with the previous version, the new version fixed a lot of what you were experiencing. The turning off of the receiver will sometimes make it load new software, you should ensure that you have a telephone connection and you will get software updates sooner.

"you should ensure that you have a telephone connection and you will get software updates sooner."

The receiver doesn't download the updates using the phone line, the receiver downloads the software update through the satellite signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)