522 Program Guide Doesn't Work !!

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
The Electronic Program Guide for the 522 receiver is no longer showing future programming. It just says "No Info Available"

I called up Dish and they claimed this is a wide spread problem for the 522 Receiver. Is anyone else being affected by it? Is it a software release problem??

Questionable Customer Support?

I spent 30 minutes on the phone while she told me to unpower my receiver (I had already done that twice before). Then she said that this was frequent problem, and the techs "were working on it" and to wait a couple of days for the problem to go away.

After hanging up and checking the Dish website, I just did the Check Switch function, and the problem went away , and the EPG updated.

Why aren't the reps trained to tell people to do a Check Switch . . not just unplugging the receiver.

Oh well. I ended up fixing it myself . . without any help from customer service.

Turn off the receiver so it will download the EPG during the night. Check switch usually forces the receiver to download it again but it's easier just to turn off the receiver at night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts