522 recording issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jtravel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Recently I have been having problems with the DVR recording on my 522.
A few recordings have started out ok but then went to a black video screen display for upto 40 mins, the whole time the audio has been present.
Im also getting alot of audio dropouts where the audio goes silent and at the same time the video glitches for a second or two and then everything resumes normally.

Are other 522 users experiencing these issues or is my 522 going out?

Is it possible the recordings were made during a storm, or some kind of weather-related interference? I have had that happen a few times, with results similar to as you described. Also, how full is your hard drive? I used to have similar issues when my hard drive was near full-capacity, however, I have to admit that problems related to that have been less and less frequent over the last several months (I'm assuming some sort of defragmenting process was added to the system check - anyone know if this is correct?). That's all I can think of; I'm not sure what kind of behaivor the 522 exhibits when they start to die, so I can't say.

Is it possible the recordings were made during a storm, or some kind of weather-related interference? .

Its Possible but in the past I would get the signal lost message on the screen when the weather caused a signal loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts