522 resets every 2 minutes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kaydigi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
I've had this 522 for about a year and a half with no major problems.

Last night around 11PM it did a reset. I let it go through all it's functions and the channels came back. Then I did a search for a show and error popped up in the search results. I though that may be the guide is outdated and bam the box reset again.

After it came back, I did a check switch and everything came back fine. I can view all channels with no problem, then it reset again. It kept reseting for about an hour. It resets when I start a DVR event, watch Live TV, or check the DVR schedule. So maybe it's a problem with the hard drive?

I left it unplugged all night and it made no change. I check the cables to the DP34 switch and the were all tight and properly connected. I have a 721 on the same switch and it is working fine.

I did a memory dump and it cleared the corrupted memory but there was no change.

Does anyone have any tips?

It sounds like it is hosed.

Not that it will help, but you can try unhooking the SAT cables and rebooting to clear the switch configs.

If that doesn't do anything....

Call 1-800-333-3474 and have the unit RMA'd. You've just lost all your saved programs.

Mark_AR said:
It sounds like it is hosed.

Not that it will help, but you can try unhooking the SAT cables and rebooting to clear the switch configs.

If that doesn't do anything....

Call 1-800-333-3474 and have the unit RMA'd. You've just lost all your saved programs.

I've unplugged the sat cables and I was able to watch my dvr programs. You'd be surprised how many hours of V eronica Mars, House, and Star Trek you can watch when you have to.

I already called to RMA the box this morning. The tech support made me go through hoops until she agreed the box was bad.

Tech - Sir please unplug the box
Me: I left it unplug all night wont make a difference, but I will do it.
Tech - (after I unplugged and plugged it back) Sir has it finished restarting?
Me - Yes and I now it's on a channel.
Tech- That's great you have your channels back. Can we do a check switch now?
Me- Sorry can't, it's reseting again.
Tech- I don't understand, my computer says it should have worked!!

She made me go through the whole song and dance just to RMA the box. This took 1 hour and 10 minutes.

is your phone line connected to your 522? we have had a couple bad 625 when you plug phone line in it will start to re set it self every so often, until you take it out.

volkodav said:
is your phone line connected to your 522? we have had a couple bad 625 when you plug phone line in it will start to re set it self every so often, until you take it out.

Yes it is, let me try that now.

No dice on the phone cord. The 522 does seem hot where the sat plugs go in. I have it on top of the entertainment center where it gets all the air circulation.

I was thinking heat as well. Sorry you went through tech support hell. I can see them now looking at flow chart. sigh.

jp7794 said:
I was thinking heat as well. Sorry you went through tech support hell. I can see them now looking at flow chart. sigh.

Thanks, it's not your fault. the new replacement box arrived today. I will hook it up as
soon as I watch this last episode of Injustice off the damaged box.

Wasn't there a thread where someone used the USB port to add a fan? I wonder what became of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)