Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey gang,

I was just sent over an addition to the 522 manual this addition explains what the new single mode is and instructs you how to use it.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• 522singlemode.pdf
    467.7 KB · Views: 3,390
I can't wait either!!!

I can't wait either!!!

Every time I turn on my 522 I hit>>>Menu>>>>6>>>>

Shared View still greyed out!!!!!

When, Oh When????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I watched the Charlie Chat rebroadcast. They said it may take up to 2-3 weeks for the software to spool to all of the groups of 522's.

I guess its hurry-up-and-wait.

Business as usual. :D

Toph said:
I can't wait either!!!

Every time I turn on my 522 I hit>>>Menu>>>>6>>>>

Shared View still greyed out!!!!!

When, Oh When????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:
That's what I've been doing because it's less disruptive than going all the way into the System Information screen--you get to keep watching and hearing your show. But with this document it sounds like you might need to be in single mode in order for the "Shared View" menu item to not be greyed out. So, back to checking in the System Information for now...

I'm a little confused. All the new "features" except for the pip I can do already. "watch one program while recording another," "recording two current programs", "In single mode even while the viewer has two programs recording, they can watch a program that they've already recorded, by choosing a program from the dvr events list."

Call me crazy but I could do that and could always do that. I know because I always did it. Am I off my rocker?

typerk said:
I'm a little confused. All the new "features" except for the pip I can do already. "watch one program while recording another," "recording two current programs", "In single mode even while the viewer has two programs recording, they can watch a program that they've already recorded, by choosing a program from the dvr events list."

Call me crazy but I could do that and could always do that. I know because I always did it. Am I off my rocker?

I'm with you, what's different?

I think with only dual mode, you will run into this:

You're watching TV1 and hit the record button to record what you're watching. But while it's sitting ther in front of you recording, how do you watch something else without moving yourself physically over to the other room where TV2 sits? In dual mode you cannot select the output from TV2 at TV1's location.

What's not clear to me is whether you have to already have put the 522 into single mode BEFORE you start recording that show on TV1.

I already have things wired up in my house so that any of my four wired rooms can watch any of the outputs from either the 522 or the 322, but that's not the typical setup. I have issues like if you're sitting at TV2 watching TV1's output, you have to go steal the TV1 remote control out of TV1's normal room. But for the infrequent times when I need this capability, it has worked out OK. It appears that single mode will help out this situation a bit if you happen to be sitting at TV1, but not while you're at TV2. A step forward, but short of the perfect world where any TV could grab any tuner's output and control it with their remote control. "Perfect" might be a bit off on that description ... think of all the fun times you'd have when the family menbers start "stealing" each other's tuner outputs and controlling other people's tuners!

As far as I can tell, Single mode allows you to control both tuners with a single remote.

Dual Mode:
* TV1 Remote only controls TV1 tuner. TV2 remote only controls TV2 tuner.
* No PIP.
* To record what you are currently watching (not using a timer) you can only record on the tuner for your respective remote (TV1 or TV2).
* TV1 and TV2 work independently -- can watch different programs on two different TVs.

Single Mode:
* Can switch between TV1 and TV2 and change channels on each with a single remote.
* PIP works.
* Can use either TV1 or TV2 remote to control either tuner (if shared view enabled).
* If shared view is enabled, TV1 and TV2 do not work independently. Both outputs see the same thing.
* If shared view is disabled, TV2 remote cannot do anything and all TVs connected to TV2 output only see a "Shared view is currently disabled" message.

This is just what I've gathered from reading the document. Can't wait untill I get the update to see it in action.

TuxCoder said:
That's what I've been doing because it's less disruptive than going all the way into the System Information screen--you get to keep watching and hearing your show. But with this document it sounds like you might need to be in single mode in order for the "Shared View" menu item to not be greyed out. So, back to checking in the System Information for now...

Yeah, keep watching on the system info screen daily. Here's a hint: There is a feature called "Time Left". If you see this, this means you got L2.01. If not, it's still L1.69. Be sure to turn off your receiver before you sleep because it may do overnight software update. Thanks.

Mark_AR said:
I watched the Charlie Chat rebroadcast. They said it may take up to 2-3 weeks for the software to spool to all of the groups of 522's.

I guess its hurry-up-and-wait.

Business as usual. :D

Jan Johnson said this:

Jan Johnson (DISH Network said:
...that software is being downloaded tomorrow morning (7/12/2004) at 2:00 a.m., the first 5,000 522s will receive software...

Yep, it may take up to 2-3 weeks for the software to spool to all of the groups of 522's, should get it in the 1st week of August (from July 2004). Thanks. :)

I am new at this. How do I change it to single mode..step by step please. My options are still grayed out on my 522 and states its only available in single mode. TIA

Yeah...is my face red.:) Maybe you can help me with a PIP problem..it seems to be stuck on one channel, 137. I want to watch espn1 and keep espn2 in the pip but it always shows me 137. There is not much about it in the manual I have.
TIA

Hey SkyKing... Try a reboot. Hold the power button on the front of the box for about 15 seconds, then wait a minute or two. It should be fixed after that.

Yeah that would work but I have kinda figured out how to do it...its just a matter of hitting the swap button at the proper time.

TuxCoder said:
I 'd like to introduce another products, which are superior quality and sold at a competitive price.It is really worth to try.:yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)