522 Time Recording

JimA

Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
The Dish Network is going to be coming to hook me up (new service) with a DVR 522 Monday. This will be the first DVR I"ve ever dealt with. I know that you can request certain shows to be recorded that fall within certain time slots, but what about events that may go over its alotted time frame? For example, if I want to record Law and Order, I can tell it to record every Wednesday 9 - 10 pm (CST). I know that this show will NEVER go beyond 10 pm, so I'm safe in assuming that.

But what about a sporting event? I'm going from a DirectTV RCA receiver, so I'm familiar with dish type menus. On my DirectTV guide, a baseball game will be given a 3 hour slot, say 7 pm - 10 pm. But what if it goes into extra innings, beyond 10 pm. Since I selected the event and accepted the time slot on the menu, will it stop recording at 10 pm? Or is there something to tell it the event is the same. I wouldn't think it would be THAT smart, so I would have to compensate and ask for the NEXT program on the same channel to record just to be safe, even though I didn't want to record it. Is that what you sports fanatics do? Please advise.

Thanks!

You have to manually pad the recording time, it won't extend the recording time automatically. Just set all recordings that you suspect may run overtime manually.

I find it easier to just select & record the next program after the game or race - sometimes I'll do even more than one depending on the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts