522 with 2.51 is great....but

jgurley

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
Salem, VA
There is still one small but really handy feature they just won't add. Allowing you to sort the guide alphabetically by network. I know this sounds picky if you've never had that option, but it really comes in handy in locating those programs on channels you don't often watch. Think about it. When you received your initial "Welcome" package it included all the channels available. And how were they listed. Alphabetically!

Here's a challenge. I call you one evening and say there's this really good movie on the WE network. See how long it takes you to find that channel, or some other one you seldom watch. If you've ever had this option with another receiver than you probably know what I mean.

That would be a nice feature. I also think Dish's whole "Themes" feature needs a work over. I've seen other digital cable receivers that break down themes into more manageable segments. For example you can select Movies and then select from Comedy, Drama, Action, etc. The worst part of their themes functionality is that there is no way to limit the results to channels you subscribe to. They probably do this on purpose because they want you to see all the PPV listings and what you're missing by not subscribing to other channels. What really happens to people on the AT60 plan is that there are so many programs on channels we don't subscribe to that it makes this feature practically useless.

I wish you could scroll a single channel vertically. The old Dishplayer allowed you to do a search by station id and then you could scroll down the listing vertically. Very nice and much quicker. I miss that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)