522 ?

lilmill

Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Ive got a 522 set up to work in two rooms. Is there a way to from the 2nd remote record a show on the first output. When I select a show from the first tv it shows is recording on output1 and the second shows output 2. I want to watch a show on the 2nd tuner but without going to the ohter room make it record a show on the first tuner.

Well, Single Mode is a different thing entirely. If he/she has other people in the home that watch TV1 at the same time that TV2 is in use, they're going to have problems with Single Mode. In that case, just enable "Record Plus."

Go to Menu - 8 - 6, select "Enable" and set your record preference to TV1. That will throw any timers/recordings to TV1.

Single Mode is great if you live alone or never have people at the different TVs watching different things at the same time. If that doesn't describe you, Record Plus is a better choice. Each TV can operate independently, and TV1 will only be interrupted when there's a timer or manual recording taking place.

I still don't like the fact that whatever TV is setup on Record Plus, it won't allow you to setup recordings for the other tuner. I have TV2 setup, and when on TV2, I can't setup multiple recordings (ie, using TV1 & 2).

syphix said:
I still don't like the fact that whatever TV is setup on Record Plus, it won't allow you to setup recordings for the other tuner. I have TV2 setup, and when on TV2, I can't setup multiple recordings (ie, using TV1 & 2).

Are you absolutely certain about that? Before single mode was enabled If I set something to record at a time something else was recording it would set the new recording to TV1 and leave the TV2 one alone. Did the new software mae this FUBAR?

ShadowEKU said:
Are you absolutely certain about that? Before single mode was enabled If I set something to record at a time something else was recording it would set the new recording to TV1 and leave the TV2 one alone. Did the new software mae this FUBAR?

syphix is right. If you try to record from the tuner that is setup as the record plus tuner it won't go to the other tuner if there is a conflict.

holman said:
syphix is right. If you try to record from the tuner that is setup as the record plus tuner it won't go to the other tuner if there is a conflict.
Another nail in the coffin for dish.... why cant they fix stupid stuff like that

I'm always using Tuner 2, with Tuner 1 as my default record plus tuner. If there is a conflict (sometimes there doesn't even need to be a conflict) I get the option on which tuner I want to record to.

I don't really use Tuner 1, so I'm not sure if the conflict manager is broken or not.

I love my TiVo, I hate my 522 it would be a great receiver with a built in VCR but it just isn't what a two tuner receiver/DVR should be.

boba said:
I love my TiVo, I hate my 522 it would be a great receiver with a built in VCR but it just isn't what a two tuner receiver/DVR should be.

I guess it's easy to rack up 700+ posts when you just keep posting the same thing over and over again . :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)