54 Remote Distance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zplugger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2018
Fenton MI.
Does the joey 3 remote connect to the joey or the Hopper 3 ? I weant to increase the distance of how far the remote will work. If it connects to the Hopper can I just extend the antenna from the hopper?. Have a tv in workshop but remote is weak, if the Joey has internet and the garage has wifi would that help? Any suggestions appricated.

Does the joey 3 remote connect to the joey or the Hopper 3 ? I weant to increase the distance of how far the remote will work. If it connects to the Hopper can I just extend the antenna from the hopper?. Have a tv in workshop but remote is weak, if the Joey has internet and the garage has wifi would that help? Any suggestions appricated.
The Joey 3 remote connects to the Joey itself. There is no way to extend the antenna at the Joey because it is built in. The Joey uses MoCa for its internet connection so Wifi is not going to help. Is the workshop TV wired back to the Joey? How far is the Joey from the garage?

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Joey 3 remote connects to the Joey itself. There is no way to extend the antenna at the Joey because it is built in. The Joey uses MoCa for its internet connection so Wifi is not going to help. Is the workshop TV wired back to the Joey? How far is the Joey from the garage?
Thanks Bobby for taking time to answer my querstion. The joey in the house is about 225 feet from garage. Not sure what it is called but I think a rf module from the composide ports of the joey to coax to the garage. Tv works great but some times it hard to get the remote to respond.I also have a piece of cat 6 running to the garage.

Thanks Bobby for taking time to answer my querstion. The joey in the house is about 225 feet from garage. Not sure what it is called but I think a rf module from the composide ports of the joey to coax to the garage. Tv works great but some times it hard to get the remote to respond.I also have a piece of cat 6 running to the garage.
225 feet is a ways out there. So, you have coax running from your Joey via modulator to the garage. You have a few things you could do here. First, you could move the Joey from its existing location to the garage and use a barrel connector to the two existing coaxes. Second, add another Joey and place a splitter at the existing Joey location to connect both Joeys (this will cost you an extra $7 monthly. Third, and this is the best recommendation, because you have wifi in the garage purchase a Firestick from Amazon and use DishAnywhere in the garage provided the TV has an HDMI input.

225 feet is a ways out there. So, you have coax running from your Joey via modulator to the garage. You have a few things you could do here. First, you could move the Joey from its existing location to the garage and use a barrel connector to the two existing coaxes. Second, add another Joey and place a splitter at the existing Joey location to connect both Joeys (this will cost you an extra $7 monthly. Third, and this is the best recommendation, because you have wifi in the garage purchase a Firestick from Amazon and use DishAnywhere in the garage provided the TV has an HDMI input.
Thanks again Bobby, will look into the fire stick. Was going to add a Roku out there and wonder if dish anywhere works off a Roku

This little guy is perfect for Dish Anywhere. I take it with me when I travel.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 161324.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)