54 Remote Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kenroj

Original poster
May 25, 2006
I just received my new 54 remote, just getting use to it from the 40 remote. One thing I'm having a problem with is how to turn off my TV, the 40 had a dedicated button.

thanks,
ken

The 54 will operate BOTH the TV and the Receiver thru the single power button if you are in SAT mode. If you want to power on/off the TV independently, press the TV mode button on the side, then hit the power button.

You may have to teach the remote your TV. Home, Home, Settings, Remote Control, TV. From there find your TV and that should fix that. It is important to note that when you press the power button to turn your equipment off, the TV will go off and the receiver looks like it stays on. In fact, the receiver does stay on, for 5 minutes, and then shuts off. This is the way it is supposed to be. That way if you shut your equipment off by mistake you can turn it back on and not lose your buffer.

You may have to teach the remote your TV. Home, Home, Settings, Remote Control, TV. From there find your TV and that should fix that. It is important to note that when you press the power button to turn your equipment off, the TV will go off and the receiver looks like it stays on. In fact, the receiver does stay on, for 5 minutes, and then shuts off. This is the way it is supposed to be. That way if you shut your equipment off by mistake you can turn it back on and not lose your buffer.
Easier to just press the voice button and say "settings remote"

Reactions: charlesrshell
Easier to just press the voice button and say "settings remote"
That is another way to do it... I did find that, on my H3, when I said Settings Remote it went to settings but not all the way to remote. A few less button pushes. Another thing to think about is that the OP said that he was just getting used to the new 54 remote. Button pushes for a beginner might be a good thing and then play with voice commands later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)