550x-552x HD channels showing up on 110 in USVI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stiphy

Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
I was going through the All HD section of the guide today in the VI and a ton of new HD channels appeared. They are the AK/HI spotbeam slots on 110. When i tune them in I get a slate saying that "we are working to restore these channels."

Any thoughts on what is going on? I would not be nearly as po'd with them about not allowing me to receive channels I can get on 61.5 if they'd put these on 110 (VI/PR has special HD pack that ONLY has channels on 110 even though I can receive most of 61.5 no problem).

Sean

Thanks for the info, as I said on the other thread (HI thread which I saw after I made this one), it's like they are toying with us down here as we can get those channels on 61.5 but they won't open them up...now they show them as available on 110 but they are spotbeamed so "not really." Grrr!

If anyone has any ideas on who to contact at Dish to get them to open up those channels on 61.5 for those of us down here who understand that we are outside Conus but can still get many channels off that bird (aka we won't complain if they drop out) please let me know! We shouldn't have to fake our address to get what we can receive!

Thanks again,

Sean

If anyone has any ideas on who to contact at Dish to get them to open up those channels on 61.5 for those of us down here who understand that we are outside Conus but can still get many channels off that bird (aka we won't complain if they drop out) please let me know! We shouldn't have to fake our address to get what we can receive!

Thanks again,

Sean

Dish did the same thing to AK/HI subs with SCIFIHD and USAHD. Our guides showed them but was told we had to order those channels, which DISH would not let us. They stared at us in our guide for about 4 months.

Try locking them out of your guide. I streamline all duplicate channels and those I can't sub to and I don't see anything I don't want to.

You watch TV in the VI?:D

LOL the beach isn't as much fun at night and you can only drink so much before your liver gives out :)

Actually, it can be a bit rough living down here sometimes...island fever catches up with you a bit if you are a city boy like myself. Getting Dish really helped cure that....I'm a huge hockey fan and having NHLCI paid for itself in less travel to see games on the mainland!

Sean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts