5lnb - What do each of the satellites do? (channels)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Can someone tell me what each satellite is for? For instance, spot beams, hd, etc. The reason I ask is that on two of them, I get a signal of around 30-40% with hardly any transponders. I am in Ottawa Canada, so I am guessing (hoping) that they are spotbeams that I am out of range for. Please confirm. Thanks!!! :confused: -Rob

Can someone tell me what each satellite is for? For instance, spot beams, hd, etc. The reason I ask is that on two of them, I get a signal of around 30-40% with hardly any transponders. I am in Ottawa Canada, so I am guessing (hoping) that they are spotbeams that I am out of range for. Please confirm. Thanks!!! :confused: -Rob

99° W.L. - Spaceway 2 (HDTV) *Ka FSS 2005 launch
99° - Directv 10 (HDTV) *Ka FSS 2007 launch

101° W.L. - Directv 2, 8, 4-S, 1-R (Core programming, Locals)
101° W.L. - Directv 9-S (Locals, Core) 2005 launch

102.8° W.L. - Spaceway 1 (HDTV) *Ka FSS 2005 launch
103° - Directv 11 (HDTV) *Ka FSS 2007 launch

110° W.L. - Directv 1, 6 (Core programming, Locals, HDTV)

119° W.L. - Directv 7-S (Locals, HDTV)

Another example of the astonishing collective knowledge and fast response of the Satellite Guys D* Forum.

No matter what the question, someone here knows a lot about it. Very cool.

I just wish they would take the locals from 72.5 and place them on 110 or 119 if 101 is full, sure would make for quicker and neater installs. I install fir E* and DirecTV and some people choose E* because of just the one dish. Since where I'm at the locals for DirecTV are on 72.5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DEEP south Texas transponders...

quick HR-20 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)