6.0 522 remote #2 (blue) and 942 receiver

unislick

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Will the #2 (6.0) blue remote from a 522 receiver control the 942 receiver. If so, what do you have to do to make it work?

Thanks!

unislick said:
Will the #2 (6.0) blue remote from a 522 receiver control the 942 receiver. If so, what do you have to do to make it work?

Thanks!

Well, I know it can control a 921, just have to set the remote UHF address to match the address on the receiver. (It's in the manual how to do it).

I would assume the 942 is the same, but I am guess since I don't have one.

Thanks. I tried this already and still no luck. My UHF says Pro Band A on in the receiver preferences...does this make a difference? I have both the remotes set to 16.

Thanks!

Maybe you need an 8.0 or better remote then. Like I said, I was just guessing, but it seems like it should be able to control it.

You said both remotes were set to 16, so I assume your receiver is set to 16 also? THe Pro Band A is new to me. I don't have a 942, so hopefully someone who does can help you out here.

The blue remote from my 522 receiver does work with my 942, but only for the TV2 output. Unfortunately, it can't control TV1. In order to get the 942 to recognize it, I think you go into the system info screen and hit record. I can verify the procedure when I get home from work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)