Are my eyes deceiving me? BOS - Blue Screen of Start!

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I was a little taken aback when I restarted my Hopper this morning. I am unsure how long this has been this way (H372), but I was used to seeing two black Hopper 3 Starting up screens one after the other. This morning, I had to look twice, as the first screen was a very nice, pleasing Blue while the second was the standard black one.

I had to reproduce it to prove that I wasn't hallucinating. And took some pics.
I'm just making sure that others have seen this minimal but snazzy change and are curious about how long it's been, as most restarts occur at night.

I'm sorry, but no matter what I tried, they uploaded backward. The blue one appears first, and it wasn't worth the hassle to get them in order.
See below. 1711392370640.jpegIMG_1703.jpg

Reactions: TheKrell
As a tech, we see this often. It has to do with the hdmi and resolution. Sometimes it's blue and sometimes it's green. 95% of the time simply unplugging the hdmi on both ends and plugging back in resolves it. The other 5% can be resolved by either turning tv off and back on or replacing the hdmi.
But if once booted it's not doing it, then it's not much to worry about.

As a tech, we see this often. It has to do with the hdmi and resolution. Sometimes it's blue and sometimes it's green. 95% of the time simply unplugging the hdmi on both ends and plugging back in resolves it. The other 5% can be resolved by either turning tv off and back on or replacing the hdmi.
But if once booted it's not doing it, then it's not much to worry about.
Great, thanks for the explanation. I'll take a shot at re-plugging.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was a little taken aback when I restarted my Hopper this morning. I am unsure how long this has been this way (H372), but I was used to seeing two black Hopper 3 Starting up screens one after the other. This morning, I had to look twice, as the first screen was a very nice, pleasing Blue while the second was the standard black one.

I had to reproduce it to prove that I wasn't hallucinating. And took some pics.
I'm just making sure that others have seen this minimal but snazzy change and are curious about how long it's been, as most restarts occur at night.

I'm sorry, but no matter what I tried, they uploaded backward. The blue one appears first, and it wasn't worth the hassle to get them in order.
See below. View attachment 169780View attachment 169782
I like the blue screen better. :bigok