6/19/2013 6:17pm - Uplink Activity Report - 120 changes

Just remember folks, just because they channels are uplinked doesn't mean they will ever be made available to subscribers. Chances are that they will, but there is that ever-present possibility that things fall through for all sorts or reasons.

The "other site's" uplink report shows these channels as hidden, available (limited), whatever that means.

Had a Dish tech out this am to reconnect my 61.5 dish.

When I told him about Lubbock and Amarillo HD locals being uplinked on 61.5, but not yet turned on , he said that may be why he and all the other techs in the area are scheduled to work 7 days/week for the first two weeks of July, may be converting people from WA to EA or at least adding 61.5 wing dishes. All speculation, but possible, I guess.

Well mine's done anyway, took him about 15 minutes - didn't even have to move the dish, just install a DP twin lnb and run the wire.

Getting 54 on TP 23 where they will hopefully appear - SOON!

When I told him about Lubbock and Amarillo HD locals being uplinked on 61.5, but not yet turned on , he said that may be why he and all the other techs in the area are scheduled to work 7 days/week for the first two weeks of July, may be converting people from WA to EA or at least adding 61.5 wing dishes.

Dish moved a lot of markets when they first made EA. I bet they have a good handle on how fast people will call to get the HD upgrade once they are available.

Haven't I heard that they email you to let you know your HD locals have been turned on?

Otherwise no one would know they were available on a Dish they do not have.

I still get Evansville, IN locals here in Los Angeles from 77. Are the 77 locals going to go away.
I keep changing my location to get any locals.

I still get Evansville, IN locals here in Los Angeles from 77. Are the 77 locals going to go away.

You can bet on that, sooner rather than later. You belong on the western arc and when you get there you'll get the LA local channels just fine....

You can bet on that, sooner rather than later. You belong on the western arc and when you get there you'll get the LA local channels just fine....

Agreed but what happens to people like us who can't get 129. I can get 61.5, 72.7 and 77 perfectly fine. The view to the sky is clear and signal levels are decent. If they add LA Locals to the Echo 16 spot which is available for the west, then that would be great but then that will not happen as dish isin't interested.

I had to get the dish ordered and installed myself. I will probably move to eh ConUS Local on 61.5. I haven't started my search yet.

Consider this, ConUs locals are dropping like flys. It will not be long and every local will be on a spot beam. I know you've worked on 129 in the past, but you'll have to work harder soon, maybe right now....

It is a guess if anyone says they know.

In your favor:
77 uses lower compression which helps reception in the rainy SE (double receiver signal for = transmission stength). So it may continue for problem markets.

Mexico already has more transponders than they need (no local into local issues).

Dish still has 19 transponders under lease for US service which provide big time redundancy for potential satellite failures.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SatelliteGuys

It is a guess if anyone says they know.

In your favor:
77 uses lower compression which helps reception in the rainy SE (double receiver signal for = transmission stength). So it may continue for problem markets.

Mexico already has more transponders than they need (no local into local issues).

Dish still has 19 transponders under lease for US service which provide big time redundancy for potential satellite failures.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SatelliteGuys

I doubt dish will maintain the locals on two sats on the same arc though. I guess Evansville is on its way out. :(
I just cannot get 129 unless I move. I may have to settle for the locals over the air which is a PIA as if I get NBC I loose ABC and timers all get messed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)