6.2 Remote

skidooman93

Original poster
Mar 13, 2018
Minnesota
I just had dish installed this past monday. Hopper 3 and 2 joey 2's, I have gotten through some of the new learning, but I am still struggling with the remotes. I have 3 54.0 remotes. For the dish fuctions they are ok, the voice search is really nice. They stink as universal remotes. The input buttons to change the inputs on the tv's dont work. In aux mode to control the DVD players they are awful. I have an old but new dish 6.2 remote on a shelf from 14 years ago when I originally had dish. Have been a direct tv customer for over 12 years. Does anyone know if the 6.2 remote can be programmed to run a joey. It is one of those old remotes that you put the blue, green, or grey colored key in the bottom of it. The nice thing about those old remotes is they did a much better job as a universal. I have the instructions to use it, but of course a hopper wasn't in existence at the time the manual was printed. If this doesn't work I will probably buy a harmony 650 or something like that. But since I have this sitting here thought I try to make it work. Thanks

Should have kept your old 40.0 remotes.

Still use mine with H3 and J2.

Slowly learning how to do things on the new remote that were obvious on the 40.0.

Reactions: TheKrell
The input buttons on a 54 remote are not to change the device inputs, but to change screens in PnP, quick recall to the last station and change screens in multiview. They never should have been labelled as Input

The input buttons on a 54 remote are not to change the device inputs, but to change screens in PnP, quick recall to the last station and change screens in multiview. They never should have been labelled as Input
They should indeed change inputs on the TV though if limited mode is turned off. Also make sure you are using the best code for your TV's manufacturer if things appear wonky. You can always do the setup wizard for the TV under remote controls.

Reactions: DWS44
Never had the 40.0 remotes it's been that long since I had my original dish.

The 6.2 remote I have is new, don't know how I needed up with it but it was still in a bag in the box it came in. I'd like to pair it or activate it to run a Joey and then program the TV, DVD, functions but I'm not sure how to program a remote that old to a Joey 2.

When watching channel 103 they say that the input button on the 54.0 remote can be used to change a TV input, but I have no idea how they make that happen, right now I have trained the single Dimond button to change TV inputs when in aux mode but then it won't work when programed to the DVD player. If I program the DVD player first then I can't train the Dimond button to change TV inputs. It's frustrating because at least with the direct TV remotes I could change TV inputs and run basic DVD functions.

Any help programing the 6.2 would be greatly appreciated, if it's even possible

The 6.2 remote I have is new, don't know how I needed up with it but it was still in a bag in the box it came in. I'd like to pair it or activate it to run a Joey and then program the TV, DVD, functions but I'm not sure how to program a remote that old to a Joey 2.

When watching channel 103 they say that the input button on the 54.0 remote can be used to change a TV input, but I have no idea how they make that happen, right now I have trained the single Dimond button to change TV inputs when in aux mode but then it won't work when programed to the DVD player. If I program the DVD player first then I can't train the Dimond button to change TV inputs. It's frustrating because at least with the direct TV remotes I could change TV inputs and run basic DVD functions.

On the 54 remote Home-Home and then arrow to settings. Arrow over to Remote Control. It should show you the devices it has been setup with including your TV. Arrow all the way down and make sure limited mode is OFF. Once that is done you should be able to select the TV input on the side and then once in TV mode the input key should control the inputs for your TV.

It’s not going to run a Hopper or Joey. To disable limited mode, go to remote control in settings

On the 54 remote Home-Home and then arrow to settings. Arrow over to Remote Control. It should show you the devices it has been setup with including your TV. Arrow all the way down and make sure limited mode is OFF. Once that is done you should be able to select the TV input on the side and then once in TV mode the input key should control the inputs for your TV.

You can also use voice input and just say Settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)