6 tuners?

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
(I tried to search for this, but I can't get it to search for numbers!!! )

I am moving to new house soon and would like to have 6 areas with dish service. 3 bedrooms, gameroom, living room and den.

1 bedroom, gameroom, living room and den need to be HD.

They don't all have to be independent (able to view different programming simultaneously) but I know the wife would like that.

I am a current dish customer, just got booted off of 'account pause' and into the welcome package. Right now all I have is a 625 and a 311, which are actually still in storage.

What would be my options?

Thanks for any help you folks can suggest.

ps I already sent a message off to Claude, but have not yet received a response. So no need to suggest that. :)

I am wanting to say that 4 leased and 2 owned is the max you can have (for a total of 6 rooms). The only way i can think of doing that without breaking the limit is 2 612s, and 2 722s. This would give you 4 TV's with HD and 2 SD tvs. If you want too couple a few TVs up you could prolly do it with just 2 722s but that would require running Comonent or HDMI cables from the room with the tuners in it to the rooms with the HDTVs in it and I don't know how possible that would be for you.

I forgot!! Must have as many of them as possible be DVRs. Wife almost killed me for forgetting that!!

as followup, how would i order it? i can't get the website to even give an option of more then 4 tvs. really don't want to deal with the CSR wheel

Last edited:
The standard policy is:
You can lease up to 4 tuners ( the 612 counts as 1)
You can own up to 6 receivers.

The web site is very limited option wise.

For some reason this confuses me. I currently lease 2 622's and own a 311. I am considering buying 3 612's to meet the HD and DVR needs(?) of my family and getting rid of the 311.

Looks like I can have this many receivers. Can they all be tied into the one dish I have or will I need a second dish installed to cover the 7 tuners?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)