6000 losing OTA digital channels

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
I have had a 6000u for just over two weeks. And have had a working 8vsb in it for over a week. Programmed all digital and a few analog OTA channels into it, and they all show fine for more than a week.

Monday, version 7.81 of the software downloads the "upgrade" and have I remote problems (which I have mentioned in other threads).

But, in addition, all of a sudden after the 7.81 download, I get zero signal strength on most of my (normally good) digital channels. Cleared out ALL channels and scanned for digitals again. BINGO, digitals are back. OOPS, later most get zero signal strength again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help,

Jeff

ride525 said:
I have had a 6000u for just over two weeks. And have had a working 8vsb in it for over a week. Programmed all digital and a few analog OTA channels into it, and they all show fine for more than a week.

Monday, version 7.81 of the software downloads the "upgrade" and have I remote problems (which I have mentioned in other threads).

But, in addition, all of a sudden after the 7.81 download, I get zero signal strength on most of my (normally good) digital channels. Cleared out ALL channels and scanned for digitals again. BINGO, digitals are back. OOPS, later most get zero signal strength again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much for your help,

Jeff

Jeff, are you in the Bay Area? Sutro is down in the daytime hours when the weather is nice to do earthquake retrofits. It's been coming back up at about 5:30 in the afternoon.

My 6000 with module is working fine. I do have the 7.81 upgrade. Unless other people are having the same problem as you, yours may be a hardware problem.

Bobby said:
Jeff, are you in the Bay Area? Sutro is down in the daytime hours when the weather is nice to do earthquake retrofits. It's been coming back up at about 5:30 in the afternoon.

Well, that explains what happened to me yesterday. I did some minor work on the antenna, suddenly, I can't get anything digital. I'm in the Bay Area too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)