6000's selling for over $500 on Ebay, what gives?

EdV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Just checked on Ebay and there are a couple of 6000's going for over $500 ! One of these doesn't even have the 8vsb module

I don't get it. Up until a few days ago, an existing customer could get one for either $149 or $199 depending on prior length/level of service. And it's a refurbed unit with a warranty and both modules, not a used unit from an unknown source.

Ok, so maybe they missed the 10/31 deadline on the special, or maybe they got the special (limit one per customer) and wanted a second one. Either way, if they checked around a little they could get a warranted unit right here at www.dishstore.net for $489.

With the 811 about to be released at $399, why would you pay $500 or more for a 6000 which will require an additional $70 legacy adapter when connected to the SuperDish. It doesn't make sense. Maybe these are units were put up and then friends or relatives post phony bids to up the price in the hopes of catching an uninformed bidder.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on this. Maybe I should take PT Barnum's advice and put my 6000 on the block to offset the cost of the 921 that I've ordered.

Now that I've sold mine for just under $500, I've funded half my 921. I'm glad the prices stayed up, at least until now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)