6000U VGA output display issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Had 6000u professionally installed last week. Have been using the comp. outputs and all is well. (1080i)

Wanted to try the HD15 RGB output since I will be using the comp. input of the TV for a new DVD.

Problem is the picture "pulses" in brightness with screen changes and has different colored bands apearing horozonally most of the time.

Seems like a sync issue, but have no problems wih other rgb inputs to TV.

Tried unplugging all other outputs from 6000, all other inputs to the TV, checked house wiring and grounds are all proper, no change.

TV displays laptop SVGA perfectly, and all other formats perfectly.

TV is 36" RCA digital/Monitor , using VGA cables supplied with TV (tried both).

Any ideas welcome !!

Thanks

David

How long is the VGA cable you are using from the 6000 to the TV?

Have you changed the output on the 6000 in the HD setup screen?

How long is the VGA cable you are using from the 6000 to the TV? Have you changed the output on the 6000 in the HD setup screen?

1 meter cable, the nice "thick" type, also tried a normal computer monitor cable.

After trying a few different things it seems my RCA digital monitor is the culprit.

I tried an ancient 15" computer monitor and the picture was perfect. My new 46" plasma arrived today and it is also VERY PERFECT using the 6000's HD15 output. I guess I will have to settle for using the component HD input on my 36" monitor and use the HD15 input for my laptop which works perfectly. Oh well !! With the arrival of the new plasma I doubt I will sweat the RCA monitor issue... until I move the 6000 to it once (IF) I ever get a 921 for the plasma.

Thanks for the suggestions, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the 6000 output.

David

After trying a few other monitors with the 6000 it seems to for sure be the RCA monitor !!

928gt said:
After trying a few other monitors with the 6000 it seems to for sure be the RCA monitor !!

Sorry to hear that, but glad you narrowed it down.

On the 6000 in the HD setup area there is a adjustment (Adjust button) that will adjust the timing that most likely will fix the problem for you. You probably have a off center picture as well (the guide is a good test for this) which is symptomatic of the timing being off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)