61.5/110/119 Question

gusmacker

Original poster
May 30, 2009
Portage, MI
I currently have a 522, and a Vip612. I just found out I need to have a dish pointed to 61.5 in order to get my HD programing. What is the easiest way to do this? Currently I have a Dish500 with a Twin DPP Pointing at 110 and 119. I have one rg6 going to each receiver then using a splitter going into the 2 inputs.

Kevin

You can just add a wing dish, which is another dish 500 with a single or dual lnb pointed at 61.5. The other option is to replace your dish 500 with a 1000.4 eastern arc dish. With this option you will have to upgrade your 522 to a VIP receiver, but it would be a single dish solution.

Dish should upgrade your dish free of charge if you call them.

A couple of points should you add the wing dish for 61.5, try bypassing the current dish when pointing and if you are using a dish 500 for it you should use a DP single or dual for the lnb (any others will give you problems) and set the skew to 90. Run a check switch before trying to aim and run aonther when finished pointing and connecting the coax to the DPP twin head and running another check switch.