61.5/110/119 Question

gusmacker

Original poster
May 30, 2009
Portage, MI
I currently have a 522, and a Vip612. I just found out I need to have a dish pointed to 61.5 in order to get my HD programing. What is the easiest way to do this? Currently I have a Dish500 with a Twin DPP Pointing at 110 and 119. I have one rg6 going to each receiver then using a splitter going into the 2 inputs.

Kevin

You can just add a wing dish, which is another dish 500 with a single or dual lnb pointed at 61.5. The other option is to replace your dish 500 with a 1000.4 eastern arc dish. With this option you will have to upgrade your 522 to a VIP receiver, but it would be a single dish solution.

Dish should upgrade your dish free of charge if you call them.

A couple of points should you add the wing dish for 61.5, try bypassing the current dish when pointing and if you are using a dish 500 for it you should use a DP single or dual for the lnb (any others will give you problems) and set the skew to 90. Run a check switch before trying to aim and run aonther when finished pointing and connecting the coax to the DPP twin head and running another check switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)