61.5/110/148....adding 119 kills 148.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Ok...all this reworking stuff gets wierder and wierder.

For simple testing again, I took the 61.5/110/148 that was going into my legacy SW64 that has worked well like this for 2 years, despite Dish saying you can't run 61.5 and 148 together.

So, I take a SW21 and for testing throw the output of the SW64 into a SW21 and combine it with 119 feeding one of my 6000s.

Run check switch with 4 sat checked. It finds all 4 birds and is happy.

I check signal on random transponders of all birds - it's happy.

Go to channels and I loose all channels on 148, both in the EPG as well the ability to tune them in manually via the remote.

Clearly, its not an issue with 61.5 and 148 in 3 satellite mode with them? It's when 119 is added to the mix that things go south.

Again, signal is fine on all 148 transponders when i check in signal strength.

Any suggestions on what's going on. (and I don't mean recommending DishPro)

I seem to remember there being a problem with this cascading if you use port 1 of the SW64. Are you running the SW21 off of a port that isn't feeding power to the SW64?

See ya
Tony

No switch on Port 1. That's a given.

I have run into the wierdest problems on this today. And the fussiest about it has been the new Vip211, lol.

The SW64 should be connected with
port 1 - 119
port 2 - 110
port 3 - wing sat
Cascaded legacy setups are kinda fussy about the order sats are connected.

Not that i am happy about that configuration for some other reasons (I don't care about 119 on several STBs so I wanted to bring that in on only 2 via a SW21 on the SW64 output), but that actually makes some sense given the mentality of E* and 119 at the core.

Thanks for the insight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)