61.5 and 129 channels pixilating

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have noticed that lately on 61.5 and 129 the channels have been pixilating alot? I have an EA setup with 61.5 and my neighbor has the 129. It seems to be doing it on both sats. I am assuming it is the channel. I know the 129 bird is sick, but I thought the 61.5 bird was ok. It is worse on Nat Geo HD, and TLC HD. I have checked the signal strengths on both sats and they are good. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
I've seen occasional breakups on 61.5 since at least the last round of HD additions. For the past 2 weeks or so, I've been having a different problem where the picture freezes for 10 seconds or so anywhere from every few hours to every few minutes.

NatGeo pixellates all the time on 61.5 and 129. I have 69 signal strength on the transponder (large wing dish) so its definitely the source. I don't watch TLC because of the giant bug, so I can't comment on that.

Thanks for opening this thread. I did a self-install of a brand new 722, since I already had a wing dish on 61.5, and I've been noticing the same darn thing on the same channels. I was worried that my receiver was marginal.

NatGeo used to have a split picture horizontally that didn't match top and bottom. They "fixed" that and now it pixellates about every five minutes or so. I tried it on 61.5 at 83 signal strength on the new meter on a 30" wing dish and it still pixellates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts