61.5 being shut off ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccunurse47557

Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
USA
I live in SW Indiana very near a dense woods and I have to have a eastern arc dish so I can get 61.5 hd ..i received a call from a dish rep that I need to have a serviceman come out and put in a new dish for that would pick up 129....129 is completely hid by trees...has anyone else received this call from dish

Nope. 61.5 is not being shut off.

Dish is removing the 110/119/61.5 hybrid setups though and converting people to 61/72/77 or 110/119/129 setups.

If you're certain there's no LoS to 129, tell them you need EA. This may be a problem if your locals are on 129.

Which is exactly my situation! Once I can get the 4 networks reliably via OTA I'll consider the swap to EA, which will also include me doing something with the lone 301 receiver in my system, but no big deal there. I get only NBC (and PBS, which Dish does not offer) reliably in HD OTA at present. There could be local repeaters added for the 3 I'm missing at some future date, but at this point the same problem preventing reliable LOS to 129 is also preventing me from receiving CBS and ABC OTA for most of the year. My 129 LOS situation is not hopeless however. I just need to do some more tree trimming...perhaps a LOT more...!

Which is exactly my situation! Once I can get the 4 networks reliably via OTA I'll consider the swap to EA, which will also include me doing something with the lone 301 receiver in my system, but no big deal there. I get only NBC (and PBS, which Dish does not offer) reliably in HD OTA at present. There could be local repeaters added for the 3 I'm missing at some future date, but at this point the same problem preventing reliable LOS to 129 is also preventing me from receiving CBS and ABC OTA for most of the year. My 129 LOS situation is not hopeless however. I just need to do some more tree trimming...perhaps a LOT more...!

I am in the same boat, so I have a different setup.

I have a EA Dish for 61.5 & 72.7 & then a Dish 500 for 110/119 for my locals. I really don't need the 119, but there is not sense to get rid of it. Maybe this setup might work for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts