61.5 dropping out for anyone else tonight?

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
I've been getting numerous momentary signal dropouts on at least two transponders on 61.5 tonight for the last half hour or so. Is it just me?

It might just be you or the 61.5 sat is fixing to lose another transponder or two . I noticed the last two that failed ( 18 & 32)when it happened and it made the front page of this website. Which two transponders is it?

I was getting the dropouts on TP22 and TP27.

I am getting a steady 45 signal on both transponders right now . I also backed up eastern arc dish with a dish 1000.2 with lnb adapter to get just 129. So just in case the 61.5 sat craps out , I have 129 to fall back on.

I'm noticing dropouts as well, on ESPN2 HD channel 144 transponder 2 on 61.5. During recording last evening I kept getting recording interrupted message pop up. My strength on 61.5 is around 50 and normally stable.

Ive been having random drop outs on 61.5 since the current heat wave began here in the northeast. Right now I am getting a signal strength of 9 or 10 on TP27 (foxnewsHD). This is seems to be more of a day time thing. Is it coincidence or can the extreme temps affect the reception of signal? No rain clouds etc (no rain expected until the weekend..)

Ross

Last edited:
jerryez said:
The sat only needs to last one more month. Will it make it?

I wonder what the bookies are saying.

August should be interesting.

This has been happening to me on FOXNews this afternoon and evening. TP 27 has been at 40 everytime I checked. I just did a power plug reset before I saw this thread. I thought it may have fixed it, but it just started doing it again.

It's really messed up right now and 27 is still at 40.

This has been happening to me on FOXNews this afternoon and evening. TP 27 has been at 40 everytime I checked. I just did a power plug reset before I saw this thread. I thought it may have fixed it, but it just started doing it again.

It's really messed up right now and 27 is still at 40.

Same here in PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts