61.5 Install Today

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
Well I'm finally getting an a wing dish installed today for 61.5! Will they use a 300 or 500 dish? How long should this take? Are there any other immediate benefits beside getting our locals in hd? I hope everything goes well!

They will probably use one lnb in a Dish 500, they have not manufactured the Dish 300 for many years now. Depending on your current setup, they may switch out lnb's and switches to current technology. You will see a couple of additional public interest channels and maybe some others as well depending on your current setup.

The technician just got here now--we have an ota antenna diplexed into the sat input. he said that he may have to unplug that, in order to get the other sat dish installed. that doesn't seem right to me...is it? FAST RESPONSES APPRECIATED

The technician just got here now--we have an ota antenna diplexed into the sat input. he said that he may have to unplug that, in order to get the other sat dish installed. that doesn't seem right to me...is it? FAST RESPONSES APPRECIATED

I don't think so... you can still diplex on the sat input. It has to be between the switch and the receiver though.

the ota antenna feed is diplexed into the satellite feed line and then it is inserted into the antenna input...if he unplugs it, should i make him hook it up again? i guess i'm just really confused.

OK...what the heck is he doing now!?! it looks like he completely took off my ota antenna and replaced it with the sat. dish? can he do that? EDIT: yep...thats exactly what he did-he better put that back up!

Installer may want to disconnect ota just to have only one signal coming in in case he has to repoint dish(es). I agree with digiblur, he should not have to remove the diplexers, just the ota feed until the dish(es) and switches are set, then reconnect. Make sure ota is working as well as all the channels you want before signing off on the install.

he completely disconnected the ota...he took that antenna (and basically threw it on the ground) and used the pole it was on for the additional dish 500. UPDATE: he came in was like "you bought it, so I can't take it--here you go..." and i told him to put it back up; he didn't seem very happy, but frankly I don't care. he said "he didn't know how it would work in the system", but i think he was hoping I would say "nevermind". funny funny.

Your Installer has no business touching your OTA. NONE! His job is setting up that 500 to pick-up 61.5 and make sure you have the appropriate switch (DPP34 or 44) to manage it all. Get him to re-install that antenna and run a separate cable to the switch as he should.

Last edited:
Well, it's been about 24 hrs since the last update and the OP has gone quiet. Let's hope the installer didn't go postal on him/her. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)