61.5 LNB drift

When LNB drift is indiacted, the LNB should be replaced. The next item is to disconnect the coax from the receiver(s) and run check switch
this clears the matrix.
Once the check switch is complete, reconnect the sat in coax to the receivers and run check switch again.
Check the system info screen details to insure drift message has disappeared

I did that,same results,no drift now this is with my 625.:)

This is really hard to believe. A couple of years ago, Dish spent a BUNCH of money on truck rolls and LNBs to replace millions of drifting LNBs.
Now we find out that the 'fix' was just just a matter of adding a few lines of code to the software?

This is really hard to believe. A couple of years ago, Dish spent a BUNCH of money on truck rolls and LNBs to replace millions of drifting LNBs.
Now we find out that the 'fix' was just just a matter of adding a few lines of code to the software?

believe it or not, yeah. and we did that before we updated lo software....

8 with drift 1.1
30 with 1.2
and unlimited with 1.3 (the current version)

always +/- 5 with legacy or rcvrs with no support

we gave the 625 more record time through software...........

I install dish systems. Im not sure if this goes for all the lnb's due to the fact i dont run into drift at all exept on the super dish 121 arrays i have yet to see it on any other lnb we install or service. But just incase its the same for all dish lnb's ill post this. There is something called fake drift on super dish's if its under plus or minus 7 or 8 we concider it to be a false reading and we dont swap the array. worth looking into im not sure if this goes for the other lnbs or not good luck

I had the same issue with 129 showing drift(-8) but I get only 3 SD channels off of 129(which I don't watch that often).So I experimented and disconnected the 129 wing dish from the Dish 500 LNB and reran setup on my 625,now no drift detected.:)

I reconnected my 129 wing dish 1st check showed no drift now I checked and it's showing -8 drift.I plan to monitor this situation as my sister-in-law's system Dish 500 showed drift and now does not.I asked if she lost signal or had the LNB replaced and she said no.I contacted my local installer and he asked if I had lost signal and I said no.So it would seem that he is asking that to confirm the LNB is bad,so it is back inline and we shall see.:confused:

Think that drift might be coming from those UFOs I'm watching on Dish Earth?:eek:

I would haft to say I see drift the most on Dish Pro duals/singles, and Dish Pro Plus twins. I have seen it on .2s, and it was reported on some .4s when they first came out by some of the other techs out of our house, but I never came across one. Some receivers can deal with drift better than others too.

No

I reconnected my 129 wing dish 1st check showed no drift now I checked and it's showing -8 drift.I plan to monitor this situation as my sister-in-law's system Dish 500 showed drift and now does not.I asked if she lost signal or had the LNB replaced and she said no.I contacted my local installer and he asked if I had lost signal and I said no.So it would seem that he is asking that to confirm the LNB is bad,so it is back inline and we shall see.:confused:

Think that drift might be coming from those UFOs I'm watching on Dish Earth?:eek:

Nope those aren't UFO's just promos for V. :)

DNS specs are to replace the LNB @-5 drift or greater.

this is presently false. this is the case for lnbs ONLY if legacy equipment is hooked up to them since legacy does not have the memory or software to compensate for the drift.

LNB drift does seem matter to all receivers, at least dish CSR's build trouble calls for it on all receivers. The problem is that the LNB drift warning can be triggered by many other factors. Sometimes replacing the LNB will fix it. It can also be bad or kinked wiring, bad ground block, loose connections and many other factors. I roll on these at least once a month. The notes section usually states something like " issue resolved - LNB drift detected on 129 sat location - Roll tech".....

if your still rolling on these then someone is wasting company money. the advanced technical department luckily took over all service call operations, and since we have the info about the LO sft then you will cease to roll upon drifts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)