61.5 low signal transponder 15S

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Massmur

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
My Ft. Myers HD locals intermittently pixelate due to a 8-15 signal level on spot transponder 15 in SW Florida. All other tps. are high 30's to 50's. Another subscriber a few miles away has exactly the same problems. He is on the complete eastern arc at 61.5/72.7/77 and I am still on 61.5/110/119 with two dishes. Tech service says they have no other reports. Everything else tests OK.

Why are all the other transponders on 61.5 strong and a friend who is a new customer having the same problem?

Assuming that neither of you are "movers", I would suggest that you both need to be repeaked. One way to tell...if you can get to your dish, put a little pressure on the dish left and right, up and down, while the point dish screen is on 61.5, TP 15. If a stronger signal tone is generated by the pressure, you need to adjust the dish a little bit.

If you mean by "movers", people who adjust the dish themselves; yes, I am. I had Dish on a sailboat for some years and adjusted it when we moved. The mount tracked in azimuth but you had to manually adjust elevation and electrically find azimuth everytime you moved the boat much. At home I have to get up on the roof and co-ordinate with communications as I don't have a hand meter. That's awkward. The low transponder level is new. I don't understand how that transponder being weak and others normal could be caused by my dish orientation. I don't know about 61.5 but I believe sometimes there are more than one satellite at a location. They still should be only a few tenths of a degree apart, not enough for this observed effect.

I have documented three subscribers in Marco Is. FL with intermittent HD locals due to weak spot trp. 15 on 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts