61.5 - no connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whicky1978

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Clarksville, Tennessee
My 61.5 is not getting a connecti on when I do a switch test. I can't get voom or those local channels I care about ;) :devil:

Is this only happening to me? I thought a car might have been blocking it, but no such luck.

I don't have time to sit through a DN phone call right now, I am doing lesson plans for my classes (elementray guidance counselor).

What is your setup like, it is possible that there is a bad port on the switch. Try moving the cables to different ports if you can.

Try this:

Disconnect all satellite cables from the back of your receiver.

Run "check switch". It should show no satellites.

Reconnect your cables.

Run "check switch". Hopefully 61.5 will be there.

This always works for me when I lose 148.

That's assuming there are no hardware problems, of course.

I have a Dish 1000 and Dish 300 (148) connected to a 921 through a DPP44 switch.

HTH

Have you checked the orientation of the smaller dish? If that is out of adjustment you won't get 61.5. Otherwise it could be a bad cable or cable connection or a bad LNB, the part on the front of the dish with a white round plastic cover.

I wonder if I have a hardware problem because I can't get my reception to stay. I tried watching one of my 61.5 channels, and I get now reception. I unplugged my 811 from the wall, and it did 38 switch tests :O. I think I will email DN about this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)