61.5 only - Help

Spin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2004
State of Confusion
I recently moved back to directv, and got the HD Tivo, Lovin it. I am trying to set up a wing dish to recieve an international channel only. I still have my 811 and am trying to point the dish and use the signal meter. If I hook the LNB up directly to the box will it work without a switch? Right now I can't get a signal to show up on the meter. Any suggestions?

With no cables connected run a switch test so it shows no switch detected. Set it to dish 300 and get the az & elevation for 61.5 off the setup screen. Use that for your starting point connect the dish to the 811 if you are using a dish 500 set skew to 90.

Umm,, I can't seem to get the signal meter to give me anything. The weird thing is that the 811 tells me an elevation of 36 while the dish was set at 46 when it was receiving it before. I may need to get a sat meter to try to find it. The 811 isn't giving me anything.

You may be misreading the markings on the dish - OR the mount is not plumb.

Remember that you have to aim the dish SLOWLY - especially when using the receiver as a signal meter. Response time is at least 2-3 seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)