61.5 or 129

ronton3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
When I first signed up with Dish I believe one of the satellites was 129, and when I went to HD a year or so later or maybe when I wanted to get, now unavailable, long distance channels, a wing dish was added for 61.5. I live in North Central Missouri about 40 miles North of Columbia and get locals from there. The locals appear on both 61,5 and 129. I now have 110, 119, and 61.5, with, I believe 2 500's or, 1 500 and 1 300. I have HD Absolute and locals and will not be changing anytime soon. Would the signals be stronger on 129, I do have problems with 61.5, and what would I need to do to switch, would I need 3 satellites, and could a tech do it, or do I have to contact dish. I am a fairly loyal Dish Customer, although I will never forgive them for tanking Voom and my favorite channels, and I lament the fact that I believe I can get better advice here than form the customer service circus I have run into before. Sorry for the little rant at the end but some things continue to rankle, any help will be appreciated. Thanks ron

I was thinking more along the lines of just pointing the 61.5 dish at 129 because I have trouble with 61.5 dropping out, would Dish allow this, do I need a tech. Thanks for answering. ron

I was thinking more along the lines of just pointing the 61.5 dish at 129 because I have trouble with 61.5 dropping out, would Dish allow this, do I need a tech. Thanks for answering. ron

You could just swing the dish over to 129 and see if it's better. The receiver doesn't care which satellite the signal is coming from, you just need to do a check switch after aligning it so that it's recognized.

Well E* really doesn't care. You could do it yourself. However, I can only find Columbia, MO HD locals on 61.5. I do not see them on 129. Columbia is an eastern arc market.

dish would not care. be sure to mark with some kind of marker where the dish is aligned now, in case you have trouble aiming, you can just set it back and tighten her down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts