61.5 or 129

billinmidmich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I have my old VOOM dish pointed at 129 with the LNB from the 1000 dish. I increased signal by 10 from the 1000. Would I gain much by trying to get 61.5? I'm doing this becuase the 1000 dish does not hold the signal very good when rain is moving in and when it does start to rain, I usually lose the signal. I'm getting around 80 on signal. If I wanted to point at 61.5......would I try to fool the reciever and point dish at "129" in the setup when trying to actually pickup 61.5?

Hi!

I am assuming that the second dish is tied into the dpptwin input (normally on a d1000 for 129) or that you are using a switch to combine the satellites. When aiming at 61.5 seperate from another satellite (signle lnb) signal strength is generally 110-120. It is highly easy to locate and very strong...! YIPPIE!

I have heard some of my techs talking about the difficulty of getting good signal on 129, and my only advice to them is to tune out 129 first. Doing this, 110 and 119 are generally strong enough (90+) to hold their own, while getting about 85-90+ on 129. But combining all on one satellite and balancing out the signals seems to be a bit tricky - probably because we are all stuck in superdish mode...LOL

Good Luck!

I guess the advice is, just try it and see what happens. You will not be able to "fool" the satellite system into thinking that you are still pointing at 129 when you are aiming at and getting signal from 61.5. It's an automatic recognition thing that you cannot and would not want to bypass. So, if you are receiving programming from 129 that is unavailable off 61.5, kiss it goodbye until you swing your dish back around the 129 way.

I added an old DP500 to my roof specifically to get 61.5. The signal strength on 61.5 is about 20-25 points higher than 129. Bye bye rain faid. Now if it would just rain so I can test it.

Last edited:
Here we Install a 24" dish for 61.5 with a Dish 500, brings single strangth up about 11 points,FOR NORTHERN MAINE, THATS GREAT;) :D ( this is tied into a DP PLUS PRO LNB OFCOURSE)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts