61.5 Sat. question

jhusted

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Just so I understand this.... The Sat. 61.5 which will in time have my local HD channels (Grand Rapids, MI) I will need another Dish on my house to get it? Why in the world would Dish have a sat in a totally different direction than the current one's? That seems dumb.... With DirectTV you only need one Sat Dish.

Anyway from what i'm reading Dish will put another dish up for Free correct?

Thanks for your time.....

Just so I understand this.... The Sat. 61.5 which will in time have my local HD channels (Grand Rapids, MI) I will need another Dish on my house to get it? Why in the world would Dish have a sat in a totally different direction than the current one's? That seems dumb.... With DirectTV you only need one Sat Dish.

Anyway from what i'm reading Dish will put another dish up for Free correct?

Thanks for your time.....
In the fullness of time, Dish will have everything you want available to you on one dish. Dish has been fairly stingy with free upgrades, but I have heard of people getting the 61.5 dish put up for nothing within the last two weeks.

Regarding the position of the 61.5 sat., this was the original Voom sat. aquired by E* a couple of years ago. On it's best day, Voom was a competitor, an alternative, to D* and E* so it mattered little to the Voom people where the other sats were located. That's why for me in Southern Cal, it was pointed due east at about 14 degrees. Kinda crazy, but I ordered it when it first became available and for a small charge had it installed and my switch upgraded to accommodate it all.

With HD locals arriving for my market, and available only on 129, I had them repoint the 500 to 129. I could have had a 1000.2 dish replace the two 500s, but the work was already done and why compromise the signal strength of 110 and 119. I like the option of repointing the dedicated 129 back to 61.5 should I ever need to.

Can I use the wing dish pointed at 61.5 with my currant 1000.2?
Won't the mirrored stations conflict with each other?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)