61.5 TP 1 in Detroit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I spoke with my brother the other day, a current SD Dish Network sub in Livonia. He was finally thinking about taking the HD plunge and asking me what we needed. While telling him about the new receiver and 61.5 wing dish he would need, a thought occurred to me. Cleveland 61.5 HD locals are on the same beam as the new Detroit 61.5 HD locals. He is a big Browns fan and might be interestd in "moving" to get Cleveland games (as he probably can get Detroit locals OTA). He currently uses OTA to pick up the games from the Toledo affiliates. However, as his signal strength is week, he doesn't know if this will work after the digital transition.

However, I note that here in Cleveland, I only get a signal strength of 14-15 on 61.5 TP 3, where the Detroit locals are. So my question is, if anyone in Detroit had a 61.5 dish, what is your signal strength on 61.5 TP 1?

Dunno if this is helpful or not, but I'm 75-80 miles North of Detroit and receive Flint HD locals on SB03/61.5 which only averages 32-34 in good weather.:mad: Spotbeam 01/61.5 averages 75-77! Go figure!:confused:

Ed

Dunno if this is helpful or not, but I'm 75-80 miles North of Detroit and receive Flint HD locals on SB03/61.5 which only averages 32-34 in good weather.:mad: Spotbeam 01/61.5 averages 75-77! Go figure!:confused:

Ed

That is of help, thanks. Sounds like the area should have pretty good signal on TP 1. I wonder why I can't get a good signal on the other spot TPs in the beam? I thought all frequencies broadcasting should be available anywhere in the beam, but I guess I was misinformed about how spotbeams work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts