61.5 using a Direct tv dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tankerman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Northeastern Maryland
I've been a Dish Network customer for about 7 years. I've always used legecy equipment. I have 119,110,61.5 and a SW64. Receivers:510,508,and 501.

I'm building a new house, and wanted new equipment (dishes are rusting and faded). I can't use dish mover. I "moved" years ago.

Today I purchased a new dish 500 with dish pro twin lnb, a new DP34 switch, and a KTI Direct tv 18" dish with dual lnb.

The sales guy said the direct tv dish is ok to use for 61.5. The instructions for the DP34 said it would only work with Dish Pro equipment.

undefined Does any one know if this will actually work? Or should I return the Direct tv dish tomorrow?

You can use a DirecTV dish, if it is the KTI dish with the "D" tube lnb mount and a DishPro "single" lnb. If the DirecTV dish is a rectangular tube, you have to either get a Dish 300 or a KTI "D" tube mount. If you can't find them. Send me a private message. I am a professional installer, and I have both.

Boy! New 18" dish network dishes are very hard to come by.

I finally found one with a dish pro dual lnb.

My new question is if this will work. I was looking for one with a Dish pro single lnb.

My set up is dish 500 with dish pro twin lnb, and a DP34 switch. Can I use just one side of the dual lnb on the 18' dish, and just leave the other side empty.

tankerman said:
Boy! New 18" dish network dishes are very hard to come by.

I finally found one with a dish pro dual lnb.

My new question is if this will work. I was looking for one with a Dish pro single lnb.

My set up is dish 500 with dish pro twin lnb, and a DP34 switch. Can I use just one side of the dual lnb on the 18' dish, and just leave the other side empty.

I don't think they make DishPro single LNBs. That dual LNB will work just fine with your DP34 even if you leave one side of it disconnected.

If you can't find a suitable 18" Dish Network dish you could also use a 24" Dish 500 dish with one dual LNB. That's exactly what you get when you request the free second dish for locals.

chepe said:
Can I Use A Sw64 With A 18 X 24 Directv Dish .

Sure you can. Just make sure that you only use standard LNBs with it. The "sat C" LNB that is used for the 110 position is no good with Dish Network equipment. You can take the LNB off of the 101 position and move it over to the 110 position and it should work perfectly with an SW64.

Thanks

Thanks For The Information To Be Sincerely I Don't Know So Much About Voom Systems,but I Am Going To Find All The Information I Can To Help You.

Chepe

Thanks For The Information,to Be Sincerely I Don't Know So Much About Voom Systems,but I Am Going To Find All Information I Can To Help You

From what I have read from other posters here Voom is very picky about the equipment you use with their service. Technically the dish you use for Dish Network at 61.5 degrees should work with Voom as well. In reality if you ask a Voom installer to take a feed from an existing dish he won't do it. What you will end up with is two dishes pointing at 61.5, one for E* and one for V*. Apparently the Voom installers are also required to install a stealth-tenna on the same mast with their dish and use a diplexer to combine the two signals. They do not allow self-installs but once the installer is gone you are free to do whatever you wish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)