61.5 vs 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grover432

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Hi,

From a North Dakota location, do I have a choice of which HD satellite I point to? I don't have line of sight to 129, but I do have a clear view to 61.5.

I would be a new subscriber so what dish equipment do I need to pick up 61.5. Is it different than for 129?

Thanks,

Grover

Well if you don't have LOS to 129, then you don't have much choice :p

You could get a 1000.4 for eastern arc setup, or if you have LOS to 110 & 119 you could get a DPP Twin and put up a wing dish, pointing at 61.5.

I'm a dishnetwork technition and if the tech does not have line of site for 129 he will put in 61.5, on the eastern arc response you are to far out of the spot beam for eastern arc

I'm a dishnetwork technition and if the tech does not have line of site for 129 he will put in 61.5, on the eastern arc response you are to far out of the spot beam for eastern arc

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what dish I will need? Will I need to use 2 separate dishes (one for 110/119 and one for 61.5) or is there a one dish setup that will work? Do I have to tell Dish Network which satellite (129 or 61.5) I am pointed at or when they turn on the subscription will it just tell the receiver to unlock the package I have chose regardless of what satellite I am pointed at?

Finally, I'm not sure I understand the eastern arc discussion. For locals, am I limited in Pembina, ND if I point at 61.5 vs 129 (I guess it doesn't matter as I don't think can see 129.

Thanks for your help.

Grover

Which spot

Which spot are you talking about. That's mostly only for LIL. In fact I have 72.7, 77, & 129 for my set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)