61.5 wing install help

hendrix04

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
hey, I have a dish 1000.2 system with a 311, 322, and ViP 722 on the system. I had an installer come out yesterday that apparently didnt know what he was doing. he put up a 500 dish with an LNB on the end obviously and piped that into the input on my 1000.2. Afterwards he pointed it and ended up with a 63 signal on transponder 3 and all was good (we thought). Transponder 3 was the only one that would that I could find that would lock. My guide was showing the channels from 61.5 (including my locals) but I couldnt tune into them. He said that the LNB was the wrong one so he would bring another back later. Well when he came back later he couldnt get anything to work. Anyone know what may be going on?

I've got the installer coming in the morning to install the 61.5 wing dish to pick up the HSV HD locals. Hope I don't have the same trouble. If you get a solution, I'd like to hear.

hope you are not in the arab area... the whole company (not just the installer) seemed clueless. they didnt even know HSV locals were on 61.5

Is 61.5 showing up as green when you run the check switch? That will need to be done on all the receivers. If not then you either have a bad LNB, which would just be a DP dual, or the wing dish is not pointed correctly.

yeah it was showing up green on the check switch, just wasnt locking any transponders. He said it was a bad LNB (which when i first saw it, it looked like a used one) but if that was the issue then why wouldnt the second one work?

Installer just left and everything went without a hitch. I've had good luck with the Sat. Unlmtd, never had a problem with an install. Although it is mid afternoon, and HSV isn't showing any HD, at least the HD 'channels' do show up (except for NBC of course). What eaks me is that I actually live in Tennessee just over the line in Lincoln County, but it's in the HSV DMA, but I'd rather have Nashville so I can see the Tennessee Polictical news. I used to have Nashville before HSV even got on the satellite, but as soon as HSV became active, I got switched.

Question...Did the installer attempt to use the standard 500 lnb support or did he use a single support? The single will position the lnb at prime focus, allowing for higher tsp signal levels. Also, the 61.5 dish should not have a RG6 cable run greater than 80' from the 1000.2 .

Interesting, Sat Unlimited came to do my install and couldnt get their act together. Also to Jerry, it is the dual LNB support and the run from the 500 and the 1000.2 is MAYBE 6' (including going down the 500 arm and back up the 1000.2 arm)

Interesting, Sat Unlimited came to do my install and couldnt get their act together. Also to Jerry, it is the dual LNB support and the run from the 500 and the 1000.2 is MAYBE 6' (including going down the 500 arm and back up the 1000.2 arm)

Cable length is no problem. If I might suggest, have the 61.5 lnb mounted using the single plastic adapter. Will probably improve signal report. 'Course, dish will need to be re-peaked with the single adapter.....90 degree skew.

well, day 3 of his absence, so I sent an e-mail to the CEO address explaining what is going on...

I would inspect the cable from the 61.5 to the 1000.2 dish. Also, check line of sight to ensure no obstructions exists. Post your zip and we can tell you what the settings are.

so after e-mailing the ceo address last night, the field supervisor came to my house today to fix my issues. My 61.5 dish is now pointed in a very different position. I guess it was just luck that the guy last monday hit transponder 3...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)