6100 Receiver need to be rehit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

janzy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
My receiver has been disconnected from power and the cable for 6 months due to big remodeling job.
When I reconnected everything I get nothing.
Do I have to call my broker to get the box rehit?

Hi,

In short, yes you will need to call your broker for a rehit.

THe newer encryption systems de-activtae after I beleive 30 days of being removed from the satellite stream. Not entirely sure on the length of time but I know it does do it for sure.

Kryspy

Set it up and plug it in, and then turn it off overnight. It should be re-authorized on it's own after being in the stream for about 24 hours.

I've did this with recievers (both Bell and Dish) last summer when I renovated and have several reicvers packed for a couple months.

its been set up since Sunday morning and still no picture.
I get all x's on the switch testing page and it says status: satellite reception verified.

janzy said:
its been set up since Sunday morning and still no picture.
I get all x's on the switch testing page and it says status: satellite reception verified.
If you're getting x's, then your dish is not properly aligned and wouldn't get a hit anyway.
Even a deactivated reciever should have a successful check switch.
When you aligned it, and run a check switch to verify 82 and 91 reception, then leave it turned off for aobut 24 hours to re-establish authorization.

Derwin0,

His dish is properly aimed. He should have x's in the approproate boxes for 91 and 82 repectively.

The receiver will not reauthorize itself. You need to have the receiver re-activated.

The new encryption system is set up this way to prevent people from disconnecting for 3 months and reconnecting the receiver to the satellite afterwards and receiving there sub still without paying.

Krypsy

The dish hasn't been moved at all.
Its on a flat roof weighted down with huge cinder blocks and all the nuts and bolts are still tight.

Kryspy said:
Derwin0,

His dish is properly aimed. He should have x's in the approproate boxes for 91 and 82 repectively.

The receiver will not reauthorize itself. You need to have the receiver re-activated.

The new encryption system is set up this way to prevent people from disconnecting for 3 months and reconnecting the receiver to the satellite afterwards and receiving there sub still without paying.
I thought X meant no signal.
For Legacy lnb's you should get "Odd" underneath the Sat Number Port A, and get "Even" underneath the Sat Number Port B.
For DishPro, you should get "OK" under the Sat number.

either way, the reciever will reauthorize when put in the stream for a while.
I did it with 2 3100's and a Dish 311 that were disconnected for 3 months during renovations last summer, long after both switched to Nagra 2.

As for getting a sub without paying, yes that is true. The new system prevents them from having to send out umpteen kill hits, but they still send authorization hits on a rotating basis (the same hit that rotates the keys).

Last edited:
Derwin0,

Provided they send a key change packet ;)

In the ExpressVU hardware anyways, the x's appear underneath as a checkmark so to speak for the odd/even transponder demarkations.

My mothers 5900 required a re-hit once deactivated for greater than 30 days.

Kryspy

Well, according to my broker, I should be getting at least the barker channels.
He said to check the switches and the alignment.
Then call for a rehit.
Back to the roof tomorrow, not easy for a big fat guy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts