receiver upgrade

stonemountain

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
Georgia
My HDDSR 600 is now displaying nags that tell me I need to upgrade my receiver. I can only receive F2 and expect to lose signal from that satellite in a year or less because of my, er, um, location.

What will happen if I don't upgrade to the HDDSR 800, as recommended?

From what I can tell from Shaw's service bulletins, the upgrade would be needed to capture HEVC signals on G1 that have migrated from F2. This suggests that a receiver upgrade would not be needed to watch F2 until after it goes out of service.

Will F2 signals be making this change to HEVC before the satellite dies? Or can I continue to use my HDDSR 600 until the bitter end?

If you can only get Anik F2, there's not much point to upgrading as your Shaw experience is likely to end sooner than later.

My HDDSR 600 is now displaying nags that tell me I need to upgrade my receiver. I can only receive F2 and expect to lose signal from that satellite in a year or less because of my, er, um, location.

What will happen if I don't upgrade to the HDDSR 800, as recommended?

From what I can tell from Shaw's service bulletins, the upgrade would be needed to capture HEVC signals on G1 that have migrated from F2. This suggests that a receiver upgrade would not be needed to watch F2 until after it goes out of service.

Will F2 signals be making this change to HEVC before the satellite dies? Or can I continue to use my HDDSR 600 until the bitter end?
Stonemountain Shaw will be moving more and more chans to G1 where ppl in the "southern provinces" can't get them whatever rcvr they have. There is no HEVC on F2 so any chans still there you will get until they all move or the sattelite dies.

Our Shaw rcvr died a few months ago and there was no use getting another one b'cuz like you we only get F2 and its going away. Just enjoy what's left on F2 while you can and be thinking about how else to get your TV shows in the future.