612 acts up at 4:30 p.m. daily

telstar_1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 14, 2020
My ViP 612 (duo-dvr) cuts out daily right around 4:30 p.m., putting up the "temporary loss of signal" screen (code 00-00-00). However, on going to the signal strength screen, it shows 50, and then upon clearing out of menu, the audio/video will come right back. But then within a half a minute, the "lost signal" screen again. I then found that I can immediately restore a/v by pressing "menu" (it will show the pic in the upper right of menu screen), but then it will still cut out within another half minute, and i have to repeatedly press "menu" to keep watching. DVRing is unaffected, and usually by 6:00 p.m. it quits cutting out and won't start up again until 4:30 p.m. the next day.

There's a bug that never got fixed on these receivers. If the last OTA channel you viewed has a weak signal, it throws the signal loss screen up erroneously. Tune to your strongest OTA channel and then back to a satellite channel.

I will try that. However, I rarely tune to offair's (though I do have OTA connected)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts