612 OTA tuner not finding any locals

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
When I scan for locals on my 612 it does not find any. Is there something I am forgetting to set up?

The 612 receiver is located in my office in the exact same location where I just removed a 722 receiver. I am using the same antenna I had on my 722 and the 722 received numerous locals. I removed and reconnected the wire from the antenna to make sure it was connected good. I also removed the antenna and attached it to the 722 receiver I have in my living room and that 722 found the local channels just fine so I know the antenna is working fine.

The one odd thing I noticed that was different between the 612 and 722 is that the 612 flies through the scanning process in a few seconds where as the 722 takes 30-45 seconds.

Try a manually adding one. Be sure to pick the actual channel number not the one that shows on your TV or receiver. (For instance channel 3 here is actually channel 33)

Go to HD set-up and be sure "Off Air" is picked .

Try a manually adding one. Be sure to pick the actual channel number not the one that shows on your TV or receiver. (For instance channel 3 here is actually channel 33)

Go to HD set-up and be sure "Off Air" is picked .
HD set-up is "off air". I tried manually adding one and it did notwork. I am using the RF channel listed on AntennaWeb which I believe is correct.

No not normal. It takes mine awhile. Sure sounds like you know what you are doing, I have to think the OTA module is defective...... Just be sure the antenna is plugged into the "In" not "Out" of the receiver.
The only other thing I can think of, is the copper wire from the Antenna lead sticking out at least some. I have seen when it is too short, it will work in one device, but not another. Grasping.......

Also grasping at straws, but perhaps a nearby FM station is wiping out the input stage of the 612? An FM trap is cheap and would presumably eliminate that possibility. Any antenna amps in the equation?

I had similar problems when the digital transition occurred and a new UHF station (LOS 2.5mi away) came back on the air. Occasionally I could scan in our two VHF stations, but the UHF band was definitely AWOL on my 612 when formerly it was working fine, and continued working fine on my 722. Ultimate solution for me was a pricey trap for the offensive station, which BTW still comes in! It's that overpowering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts