612 Problem

chefly

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
I have had a 622 since they came out, and recently got a 612 for the new TV in the fam room....anyhow...tonight I had set a timer to record "Monk" ..as we were watching a show on DVR, noticed that the record light wasn't on, so went to live TV and hit record button...got the "Do u wiosh to reord" box, and hit yes...still not recording according to DVR menu...hit record again...sam ting....went to another channel, hit record..same procedure, except THIS time, "REC" lights up on screen, and show begins to record when checked with DVR menu...Did a reboot...froze up..rebooted again...back on..STILL could not record Monk...shut the damn thing off and went on to other things.
The next show scheduled on USA recorded fine on it's own!

Also, when I start a DVR'd program, I often have a wait of up to 30 secs before the show will play...the info banner seems to freeze at the top of the screen, and finally the show will start...once it does, I have no probs with it.

Did I get a crap rebuilt, or is this something that the 612's do?

Thanks!
Keith

I have 2 ViP612's and one of them exhibits the 30-second freeze you mentioned when you start watching a time-delayed show.

Mine will actually do it the first time I start watching for the night - just about every time. It's almost like a hard-drive caching problem or something.. That first Pause/Play or watching that first recorded show does it pretty much every time. It'll just freeze up for about 30-35 seconds. Once it comes back, everything is fine the rest of night. 'Like it's gotta warm-up or something..

I really think it's a problem with the receiver because my other 612 does not exhibit these symptoms. Luckily this is a bedroom receiver for me so it doesn't really bother me that much. If it ever gets worse I may have to get motivated and put in a support call. :(

I've never had any problems with either of mine not recording shows as scheduled though-

There seems to be a lot more complaints about the 612. Must be a bad lot of the out there.
Replace it with a 622 or 722 and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)