612 skips audio and video during DVR playback

Txcycle31

Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Houston
I just want some opinions from anyone that may have this receiver or Dish reps on this board.

Lately, my main receiver (612) has been acting up and getting worse over the last few weeks. When playing something on my dvr, the audio and video will freeze or stutter for a couple of seconds, then start back up again. After that happens, the audio and video will sometimes be out of sync and I have to pause it and hit play for it to be back in sync. It's frustrating missing a couple seconds worth of audio on a program I'm trying to enjoy.

It's happening on almost every recording these days. Could the receiver (hard drive) be going out? What's going on??

Thanks

My 612 does it too, not every time, but often enough. I've just learned to live with it. I've gone through multiple of these units and have yet to luck out and get a good one.

I have two good 612's and they almost never do this. I've had them for 2 years. I think your HDD is going south.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
I agree with TheKrell. I have a 612 at home with no similar problems, it does sound like the hard drive may not be recording events properly.

*sigh* That's what I was afraid of. I haven't been having the best of luck with my Dish equipment since I had it installed in December. It shouldn't be due to overheating since it has plenty of space to breath.

Matt, what should I do about this?

Thanks!

My 612 does it occasionaly sometimes I can use the back arrow to replay that segment and it plays perfectly the second time. I don't think it is the hard drive DISH software has had too many problems historically. But also DISH has a much higher rate of Hard Drive failure than any other DVR manufacturer.

My 622 skips on OTA HD signals that are recorded. They are recorded OK because if I hit the skip back button on the remote it will play the segment without skipping.

I have never noticed skipping on any recorded Dish programs.

The OTA signal has a higher bitrate and the circuits, hard drive, or something may not be able to handle the higher bitrate.

Wonder if other models, 722, 925 also have problems with skipping?

Dish HD Satellites...

Why no HD content on Fox Sports Northwest lately?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)