622 -> 722 -- What did you send back ?

David_Levin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
Denver, Co
HDMI port finally died on my 622 (one of the original boxes). So, I decided to cough up the $75 and 2 yr commit and give the 722 a try.

I received a box w/ remote, cables (even Component & HDMI), manual, etc.

So, can I send back JUST the 622? I wouldn't mind having the extra remotes. Cables? I could try and regather the original 622 cables, but everything is just jumbled together.

Just curious, if I had just ordered a replacement 622 would I have received JUST the receiver?

For activation I just logged into my Dish account, went to the My Equipment -> Equipment Upgrade area and was able to do the deed online. Pretty cool.

If anyone is curious about my call to cust support:

Dialed the std number. Told them the picture goes in and out when I jiggle the cable. Dude immediately said I needed a new cable. I said "no, it's a known problem. Transfer me to Advanced support".

He transferred me w/o argument. Woman, immediately said it's a bad hdmi port/connector and they would swap the box. She also said the replacement 622's now going out have the same port design as the 722 (I'd take this with a grain of salt until someone pops the lid and takes a picture).

Keep the remotes. They don't want them back.

As to what comes with a replacement it's never the same. I just did DIU from a 322 to a 222 and got nothing but the receiver. Had to call for new remotes(only received on of 2 remotes so far). Same thing happened when I swapped my 622 for a 722.

I've never received any cables with a receiver swap.

Edit: The 622 HDMI port was improved. Although I wouldn't guarentee you'd get an improved model as they do ship out refurbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)