622 -> 722 -- What did you send back ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

David_Levin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
Denver, Co
HDMI port finally died on my 622 (one of the original boxes). So, I decided to cough up the $75 and 2 yr commit and give the 722 a try.

I received a box w/ remote, cables (even Component & HDMI), manual, etc.

So, can I send back JUST the 622? I wouldn't mind having the extra remotes. Cables? I could try and regather the original 622 cables, but everything is just jumbled together.

Just curious, if I had just ordered a replacement 622 would I have received JUST the receiver?

For activation I just logged into my Dish account, went to the My Equipment -> Equipment Upgrade area and was able to do the deed online. Pretty cool.

If anyone is curious about my call to cust support:

Dialed the std number. Told them the picture goes in and out when I jiggle the cable. Dude immediately said I needed a new cable. I said "no, it's a known problem. Transfer me to Advanced support".

He transferred me w/o argument. Woman, immediately said it's a bad hdmi port/connector and they would swap the box. She also said the replacement 622's now going out have the same port design as the 722 (I'd take this with a grain of salt until someone pops the lid and takes a picture).

Keep the remotes. They don't want them back.

As to what comes with a replacement it's never the same. I just did DIU from a 322 to a 222 and got nothing but the receiver. Had to call for new remotes(only received on of 2 remotes so far). Same thing happened when I swapped my 622 for a 722.

I've never received any cables with a receiver swap.

Edit: The 622 HDMI port was improved. Although I wouldn't guarentee you'd get an improved model as they do ship out refurbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)