My 722 is dead

mruk69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Music City U.S.A
I have had it since September, got a call at my office that the receiver wont turn on. When i came home in the evening I tried turning it on manually and via the remote not lights. Unplugged for 5 minutes plugged it in all lights just keep flashing the blue light under TV2 was flashing the most. No picture. Called Dish pressed diit on phone phone for tech support, got that crappy automated support, 4 mins later transfers me to support queue 15 mins later get a answer Thanks for calling Dish Network my name is Kevin, next thing click it hung up on me. Called again and this time no hang up, asked me to unplu wait 90 sec and re-plug, still no go. Will get a new receiver on Wed. Fedexed. What pi$$es me off is I have the hold last series of The Soprano's and the whole series of Cane dvr'ed and am now screwed. Frigging power supply is what he said, now i am in trouble with my wife because i have 2 senior parents who are home all day and 3 kids once they get back from school with no TV to watch (and very grumpy), you can't imagine how annoying it is.

Now that is bad,I can imagine my wife coming home from a busy day at the office not getting to pull up on of her DVR'd shows:eek: I would not hear the end of it.

I know the cooling fan inside my 722 runs 24/7 I hope ours doesn't follow the same fate,keep us posted on the replacement unit.:up

Do you think the receivers that they give ou for free are made cheaper than the ones you buy full price?
The reason I ask is every receiver that i have bought has had no uissues except the 211.
An example would be, a couple opf years ago when i went home to England my cousin had a black Razr phone like mine. However, his was made in the USA and mine was made in, yes you guessed it China. For a receiver or any other other expensive device that cost $500 -$700, you would think would be lot more solid in performance and less glitches.
Hey thats just my opinion.
I will let you guys know about my replacement receiver.

Do you think the receivers that they give ou for free are made cheaper than the ones you buy full price?
The reason I ask is every receiver that i have bought has had no uissues except the 211.
An example would be, a couple opf years ago when i went home to England my cousin had a black Razr phone like mine. However, his was made in the USA and mine was made in, yes you guessed it China. For a receiver or any other other expensive device that cost $500 -$700, you would think would be lot more solid in performance and less glitches.
Hey thats just my opinion.
I will let you guys know about my replacement receiver.

How could his RAZR be made in the us??? Motorola no longer manufactures any wireless handsets in the us, all are made in CHINA.

well i can tell you that the only way to get a new rcvr is to buy one. if you get a free one at install or later you have one replaced or even if you own one and have to have it replaced it is going to be a remanufactured rcvr.

get over it

:hungry:
I have had it since September, got a call at my office that the receiver wont turn on. When i came home in the evening I tried turning it on manually and via the remote not lights. Unplugged for 5 minutes plugged it in all lights just keep flashing the blue light under TV2 was flashing the most. No picture. Called Dish pressed diit on phone phone for tech support, got that crappy automated support, 4 mins later transfers me to support queue 15 mins later get a answer Thanks for calling Dish Network my name is Kevin, next thing click it hung up on me. Called again and this time no hang up, asked me to unplu wait 90 sec and re-plug, still no go. Will get a new receiver on Wed. Fedexed. What pi$$es me off is I have the hold last series of The Soprano's and the whole series of Cane dvr'ed and am now screwed. Frigging power supply is what he said, now i am in trouble with my wife because i have 2 senior parents who are home all day and 3 kids once they get back from school with no TV to watch (and very grumpy), you can't imagine how annoying it is.

I received the replacement receiver last Wednesday, I installed it and got it activated. Went out of town, got a call from home that the receiver keeps re-booting every few minutes. Come home on Friday and get in to a fight with my wife because the kids were pissed and aggravating because of the problem. I looked at some of my scheduled recording and and for each program I recorded e.g Dream Team it recorded 1 minute and about 15 minutes and the rest, so it kept restarting. This happened to all my timers. I called Dish and while on the phone with them it did it twice. They told me they would send me another receiver, which arrived yesterday. So far no problems. My account has my mobile number so only I can call and it must be from my cell. From previous experiences with Dish you have to be in front of your receiver in order to call them.
I hope this one works out.

My account has my mobile number so only I can call and it must be from my cell. From previous experiences with Dish you have to be in front of your receiver in order to call them.

Not correct, I have called from work without any problem. All your important info is online. You only need to be in front of your receiver if you are going to run through some diagnostices with a tech.

From your post, it sounds like you and the wife have excellent parenting skills. It might be good to have that thing shut off for a week and get to know everybody!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)