622 Activation on the Third Try

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Received and installed my second 622 ViP yesterday. Since I had my first one installed by the DISH installer, and got my 129 signal set up, I figured to do this myself. I had a 301 at this second location, so I used the separator, ran the two inputs to the 622, hooked it up to the television, and started the set up drill. Got a great signal lock, 92, not bad for the 129 on the West Coast, and the message about downloading information, don't touch that dial, came on. After about an hour, with no evidence of the green bar moving across the screen, I decided to call DISH. Got a really nice CSR, told me to wait some more, but was quite happy to take the 'R' and 'S' numbers and activated the box. Figured I was set. After two hours, still nothing. So, I tried again, this time starting at the beginning of the install menu. Everything was checking out, got to the download screen, after 90 minutes, still nothing. Decided to wait until this morning, give it one more try before calling DISH. For whatever reason, having done nothing differently, I got a sudden green bar zipping across the progress screen about 1/3 of the way, then disappearing, then, a nice, steady progression of the bar, followed by the normal steps of downloading program info, etc. Just hope this box doesn't have its own "personality" that will have to be patronized:rolleyes:

I had the same problem with my 622 also but after 3 failed attempts at loading I waited 1 hour rebooted and it went great. No problems since then after this.

Great receiver !!!

PS: That was on my 3rd one also :) Just keep trying till you get a good one

Sweepy1 said:
I had the same problem with my 622 also but after 3 failed attempts at loading I waited 1 hour rebooted and it went great. No problems since then after this.

Great receiver !!!

PS: That was on my 3rd one also :) Just keep trying till you get a good one

Nice to know one is not alone, sometimes I think I am crazy when I can't get these things to work after following instructions to the letter. This one (and the other), are just fine now. Thanks for the support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts